EDUCATION CREDITS (American Opportunity, Hope and Lifetime Learning Credits)
Tax documents are mailed by the end of January for a closed calendar tax year.
To request a duplicate or a past year's 1098-T form visit:
Explanation of your IRS tax Form 1098-T Tuition Statement
- The IRS Form 1098-T is an information form filed with the Internal Revenue Service.
- The IRS Form 1098-T that you received reports amounts billed to you for qualified tuition and related expenses, as well as other related information.
- You, or the person who may claim you as a dependent, may be able to take either the tuition and fees deduction or claim an education credit on Form 1040 or 1040A for the qualified tuition and related expenses that were actually paid during the calendar year.
- There is no need to attach Form 1098-T to your tax return.
- There is no IRS requirement that you must claim the tuition and fees deduction or an education credit. Claiming education tax benefits is a voluntary decision for those who may qualify.
- Please refer to the IRS Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Education and Form 8863, Education Credits for more information. To contact the IRS for any further tax related question, please visit www.irs.gov or call the IRS at 1-800-829-3676.
Joliet Junior College can not provide you with any further information other than what is provided in this notice. Please consult your tax preparer or tax advisor for further information.
Inquiries regarding forms and eligibility contact 815-280-2800.
Do you need to correct your social security number (SSN) or tax identification number (TIN)? Please print and complete a W-9S form and return to our Records Office (A-1020).