on this page:
Do you need help with your library research? Ask a librarian at the information desk or call (815) 280-2344.
- Computers equipped with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer).
- Research priority computers located at the front of the library. These three computers are specially marked for students needing to do research. If all computers are in use, these machines will be freed up for those researching subjects.
- Public access computers which require no registration. Printing using these twenty computers is charged at five cents per page. A debit copy card can be purchased at the circulation desk.
- Scanners allowing users to scan a picture into a document. The library has two scanners attached to workstations. NEW! BookScan Station: Simple Scan is used to copy book and document pages that can be either sent via email or copied to a usb device.
- Kurzweil software for reading print (located on computer #15) for people with visual and learning disabilities. For more information, contact a librarian at the information desk at (815) 280-2344.
- LIBGUIDES English 102 BeowulfBack to Top
Getting books and materials from other libraries : Interlibrary Loans
Currently enrolled students and JJC staff can request books online from academic libraries around the state via the I-Share Catalog. Our users need to create an online account with CARLI, our host for this service. Be prepared to fill out online form with your student email account username and your library chedk-out number, which can be found on you student id card. or check with a library staff member.
Most items come in within a week. The library staff will call you when the books arrive.
If the book (or video, or dvd, or cd) you want isn't available at JJC or through I-Share, ask a librarian. The library can search other sources to find the item you need.
If you need a magazine or journal article that is not held at JJC, ask a librarian for help. The library can request copies of articles for you from other libraries at a cost of 10 cents per page. Most articles are received within two weeks. If you have a rush request and need an article faxed from a library outside the area, there may be an additional fee.
Back to Top
Copy, Print, Book Scan Station and Fax Services
The library has a copy machine near the periodical area. You need to purchase a debit copy card at the circulation desk for $1 and then add value to your card to make copies. The card also is used to print from the library computers. The fax machine is located behind the circulation desk. Faxing is restricted to the United States only.
The cost for these services are as follows:
| Photocopying || 10 cents/page |
| Printing (Black and white)|| 10 cents/page|
| Printing (Color)|| 25 cents/page|
| Faxing (JJC students and staff)|| 50 cents/page|
| Faxing (non-JJC)|| $1 /page|
Back to Top
Residents of the JJC college district are welcome to use the library. We honor reciprocal borrowing privileges to people with cards from area libraries.
Back to Top