What is the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) grant?
- The WIA grant is set up to aid qualifying individuals with assistance for education/training towards high growth, in demand occupations.
- WIA funding is designed to train people in short-term certificate or associates degree programs.
- The grant is easy, at no cost, and would potentially give you the opportunity for further education.
Certified Training Assistance for:
- Process Operations Technology
- Nurse Assistant and Advanced Nurse Assistant
- Medical and Administrative Assistant
- Health Information Technology
- Truck Driving
- And many more!
WIA Training Eligibility
Recognize yourself in any of these scenarios?
- Laid-off, downsized, or company went out of business, and you need a new job
- Unemployed and struggling to find a job
- Job searching for a long time with little or no results
- Underpaid, underemployed or under trained
- Your education or skills don’t match your career interest
- Self-employed for many years and now faced with looking for new employment
- Youth ages 18-21 years and in need of education or training beyond high school
How Do I Apply?
Call (815) 942-0566 to register for a mandatory orientation as your first step toward the eligibility process.