Here are some of the facts you should consider about tuition and costs as a Joliet Junior College F-1 student:
· International tuition and fees are at the Out-of-State rate of $333.54* per credit hour. Students with F-1 visas MUST carry a minimum of 12 credit hours in the spring and fall semesters. Any additional credit hours that an F-1 student registers for will be calculated at each credit hour (X) out-of-state rate and any required fees.
· Books and supplies are estimated at $1,350 but can be higher depending on the student’s program.
· Room and Board is estimated at $9,568 but can be higher depending on the student’s needs and if they are supporting additional dependents.
· Cost of mandatory student health insurance is estimated at $73.00 per month.
· Proof of funds is currently $19,798.96* for Academic Levels (12 credit hours / semester) and $23,801.44 for the Intensive English for Academic Purposes (18 credit hours / semester). Note: If dependents will accompany you to the U.S. and will remain here while you study at Joliet Junior College, you must document an additional $5,000.00 for each dependent.
· Students cannot count on student worker employment or JJC scholarships for funds as they are very limited and cannot be guaranteed.
||Academic Year (9 months)|
|Tuition and Fees
$8,004.96 (Academic Level)
$12,007.44 (Intensive English)
|Books and Supplies
|Room and Board
||$876 (12 months)|
$19,798.96 (Academic Level)
$23,801.44 (Intensive English)
*Rates subject to change which may affect total funds. Note: If dependents will accompany you to the U.S. and will remain here while you study at Joliet Junior College, you must document an additional $5,000.00 for each dependent.
**Students must be insured while in F-1 status.
For additional information please visit our tuition page.
International Payment Options
Joliet Junior College has partnered with peerTransfer in order to streamline the process of international payments. peerTransfer allows you to pay securely from any country and any bank, generally in your home currency.
By making your payment with peerTransfer you can - Track your payments from start to finish - Save on bank fees and exchange rates - Contact their multilingual customer support team with any questions, day or night.
To get started, click or go to: www.peerTransfer.com/jjc to begin the payment process.
This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students.